Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Horse Hair Surprise

We had a huge snowstorm hit Chicago this afternoon, and by the time rush hour hit, we had a good 5" of snow on the ground. For some reason, the trains always get crazy backed up when we have inclement weather. It's ridiculous...these are trains, not cars! There's no traffic jam to get through. Side note: why is it even called rush hour, anyway? It really lasts from about 4pm until 8pm. Anyway, the platform at the Merchandise Mart was packed...I mean solid people, 10 deep, so I was trying to maneuver myself to my preferred location (front of the train) when I felt something touching (or, rather, tickling) my face. When I turned my head to look, I saw the most disgusting mane of hair completely encrusted with ice and snow. Ugh. And that was just on my face. It had the appearance of this:



But the consistency and texture of this:



"Do you want a carrot?" I felt like saying. "How aboout a sugar cube?" "If you give me your brush, I will groom your ice and slush encrusted, disgusting mane of hair."

Sick. It was the grossest hair I've ever seen. I know they probably couldn't help it, since the snow was coming down pretty fast. But keep it off my face, please! I don't know where that rat's nest has been!

Then I gave up and walked to another train, because this whole ordeal had taken 20 minutes and not one Brown or Purple line had gone by.

What a night.

2 comments:

Emily said...

oh the fun stories that Chicago winter provides us.

Subway Gal said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! EWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I think I would have thrown up!! That sounds awful. You should have spat in his hair.