Monday, June 8, 2009

Disgusting walk

My friend, Subway Gal, reminded me of something that happened to me a few months back (read the blog she writes with some other girls, she is HILARIOUS!) I had just gotten on the subway in my neighborhood when I smelled something absolutely disgusting. Where in God's name is that coming from? It smelled like baby shit (if you've never smelled baby shit it's pretty damn nasty, even nastier than my own shit, which I smell daily!)

Finally I realized it was coming from me. Or, rather, the bottom of my shoe. Sick! I made a whole train smell that, and I bet they all knew it was me. Why wouldn't someone tell me? I would tell someone if I noticed something like that.

At the next stop I flew out the door and scraped my shoe on the platform leaving a nasty brown skid. Poor folks who were sitting on the bench. I got back on the train as soon as the doors closed. When I got home, I noticed the poo that I stepped in a mere 3 blocks from my building. There was a shoe print and everything, and it looked like my shoe slid on the sidewalk. How sick. Bring a goddamn bag folks! Or at least push it off into the parkway. Then I wouldn't stink up an entire train car! Lordy.

On another note: I have an interview as an Administrative Assistant at a high school on the west side and I'm super excited about it! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Amanda Houston Holt said...

Good luck at the job interview! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Subway Gal said...

Thanks for the shout, Abe!!

Your story reminds me of a time when I was studying abroad in Australia and I woke up one morning, hungover, and realized my tiny room smelled like shit. Then I noticed the shoes I wore the night before in the corner and lo and behold, when I looked at the soles, I noticed I had stepped in dog shit and been too drunk the night before to notice it Good times.

Good luck on the interview!