Friday, June 19, 2009

That's so gay


























This is kind of a public service announcement. The last one of these I sent out was regarding Puking on the Subway on New Years Eve. Gross. But this one involves another kind of rudeness. And that is straight people (my dad, frat boys, etc.) calling gay people fags or queens. I want you all to know that can really hurt! It's obvious that you have never been through being a fag, but it's definitely not ok to say things like that. Someone (who will remain nameless) told me not to sit like a fag at my job interview. What the FUCK? Are you kidding me?
a.) I am a fag.
b.) I'll sit however the hell I see fit.

Now gay people call people fags and fairies and queens all of the time. I don't see any problem with that. It's like black people calling each other niggers. If you are white you are sure as hell not going to say that. You'd get your ASS beat. But with them it's almost a term of endearmment. But as I said before, it is NOT OK for straight people to say things like that. It's rude and it shows a hell of a lot of disrespect. Especially if it's a family member. It shows idiocy, rudeness, and disrespect. Same thing goes for younger kids who call things "gay." "That math test was so gay." Do you know what you are really saying? You are saying that the math test was a homosexual. Sounds kind of ridiculous, right?

And remember: there are so many gay people in the music industry, movie industry, theatre industry, and any other industry for that matter. So it seems rediculous to put us down like that. Ok I'm off my soapbox now :)

No comments: